Jena at First Grade With Miss Snowden is having a techy linky party. Check it out and link up to share your ideas about the technology you use in your classroom.
This year, we were lucky enough to receive interactive white boards and document cameras for each classroom in our district. I use both daily, but I must say the document camera has absolutely changed the way I teach. Here is what it looks like...
I put it on a cart in my large group area. The cart is on wheels in case I want to move it around a bit. In case you are not familiar with document cameras, it projects anything that is put under the camera onto our whiteboard (or a white screen) through a projector.
My favorite ways to use the document camera...
1. My students use it to share their work with the class.
2. My students use it to show their artwork.
3. My students put books under the camera to read to the class.
4. I put books under the camera to for read aloud while my students are eating snack.
5. We put math manipulatives under the camera during class discussions.
6. If I am showing a model or example to give instructions, I use the document camera so the students can see a "large" version on the screen.
Can't wait to read about how everyone else is using technology in their classrooms!