Sunday, July 29, 2012

Michigan Blogger Meet Up Photos

A few months ago, a few of us decided to try to plan a Michigan Teacher Blogger Meet Up. I worked with Erin Klein (from Kleinspiration) and Maria Dismondy (award winning book author from Be the Difference) to find a date and a location. Today was the big day and we had so much fun! We met at a Biggby (coffee shop) in Northville, Michigan.

 Here is a picture of the planning crew.
me, Erin, Maria
We had a goodie cup, a treat bag and prizes for each guest.
We had two book authors in our group, a few technology wizards, mostly elementary teacher bloggers and several guests who admitted being blog stalkers (like me).   I learned so much today and can't wait  to try some of the new techy things I learned from the other bloggers.

Here is a picture of our whole group!

me, Bethany (B2 Squared Learning), Katie, Kate (EduKate and Inspire), Erin (Kleinspiration), Karla (Teach With a Smile), Maria (Be The Difference), Patty (Second in Line)

back row - Rich (B2 Squared Learning), Nan (Third Grade's a Charm), Holly (Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade), Barb ("the Barb" that Holly is trying to convince to start her own blog), Marquin (Writing for Wrinkles), Christina (Bunting, Books and Bainbridge).

Today was full of sharing and laughing.  I am inspired by the things I learned from the other bloggers.  I am planning to blog about some of the new things I learned soon.  Lookin' forward to keeping in touch with these new bloggin' friends.

Now, back to the Olympics! 
 

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad that everyone had a great time! I couldn't make it! Hopefully you will have another Michigan meet-up again!

    Cindy
    All Things Teachery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time!! Thanks again for everything :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls look like you had a great time! Love the pictures!-Yvonne Dixon (Sassy in Second)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 11:30, and I just got home, but I had to check out your posts! I too had a lot of fun, and feel even more loved! Tomorrow I'll work on my post and add pictures! Thank you for a great afternoon.
    Patty
    Second inline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls are the most organized, cute & sweet bloggy meet-up organizers. Thanks so much for the good time full of learning!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the delete. I realized I typed something wrong.

    Thanks again for helping to plan the meet up. It was so spur of the moment and out of character for me, but I had a great time. I learned a lot and became inspired to start blogging again. Can't wait to meet up again.

    Nan
    Third Grade's A Charm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for welcoming me! I really enjoyed the energy of the group. Cannot wait to do this again.

    Steady,
    Marquin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find out of long experience that I admire all nations and hate all governments. Flights to Manila
    Cheap Flights to Manila
    Cheap Air Tickets to Manila

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so bummed I couldn't make it...hopefully next time, looks like you had a good time!
    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had so much fun! Can't wait to try out the ideas I got from the meet up!
    :) Maria
    PS I am soooo obesssed with the Olympics too!

    ReplyDelete