Monday, July 2, 2012

Classroom Newspaper Writing

My students write their own newspapers in the classroom! I love to read their newspapers! It's an easy way for me to learn about each student, keep in touch with how they are feeling and even stay informed about what is happening with their families.

 My students write their first few newspapers during our writer's workshop time. That allows me to do lots of modeling and helps to set the standard for my expectations. After those first few lessons, my little writers complete their newspapers at the writing center (during my literacy center/Daily 5/guided reading group time).

I polished up and posted a set of my classroom newspapers in my Tpt store and in my Teachers Notebook shop.
If you stop by to visit either my Tpt store or my Teachers Notebook shop, please consider following my store or making my shop one of your favorites if you haven't already. I appreciate your support for my shops!
I'm off to do a little more work on my extreme kitchen makeover. I am soooooo tired of painting and super excited about how things are turning out. My handy hubby rocks!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE idea! I definitely want these! Thanks for putting it together. :)
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete