Abby at The Inspired Apple is having a linky party... "You Know You're a Teacher When...". Link up with Abby and share your list.
Here is mine...
You Know You're a First Grade Teacher When
1. You are excited to spend the last 4 weeks of your "vacation" setting up your room to welcome a new class.
2. You accidently respond, "Wow, that's great!" when a family member tells you something that is really not so great.
3. You would feel extremely excited to receive Sharpies or Mr. Sketch markers as a present for any special occasion.
4. You sneak into the rooms of your own children while they sleep to "borrow" a book that you know would be perfect for a lesson you want to teach.
5. You continue to refer children for speech services even though you know you'll be told they "don't qualify at this time".
6. You are tempted to say, "touch the words" every time you pass someone holding a book.
7. You shop ebay for leveled books instead of vintage items and cool collectibles.
8. Your heart feels warm when they a student tells you that you are the best teacher in the world... even if they call you their Kindergarten teachers name.
9. You never give up on any child.
10. You love your job so much that you'll still spend all of your free time and all of your savings to be the best teacher you can possibly be... because it's worth every minute and every penny!
Enjoy your day!