Sunday, June 19, 2011

Math Work Station Freebies

In between playing with my kids in the pool and walking my dogs, I've been enjoying Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations book like so many other bloggers out there.  I have changed rooms 6 times in the past 6 years.  All the moving I've done has helped me "clean out" (in fact I'm sort of famous for throwing things away), but it also leads to "last minute stuffing" when you have to rush to move out and rush to move into a new space.  So, my project for the next few weeks is going to be to reorganize my math cupboard and set up my math work stations. Remember I have not taught math in a few years, because of my "split" job.  Between the graduate level math classes I took this year, this book and all the fabulous ideas teachers are sharing in the book discussion... I can't wait to get started!

Here are some story mats that I use with my students.  You can click on the picture to download.  The clipart is from scrappindoodles.com.



And... these are the numbers I am going to use on my math work station bins.  The font is from Lettering Delights.  Once again, you can click on the picture to download.


Hope these are helpful to someone (other than me)!

8 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Jenn
    http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the story mats! They are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These story mats are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mats and love the font. I'd love that you link up with our post for Math Workstations.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you linked up with me. The mats and font are great and I do not know how you moved that often and can still talk about it! That is a lot to deal with.Remind me to stop complaining!!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these! They are better than what I have currently!
    Tessa
    (I just started following you - come over and follow me!)
    http://spotlightonkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this - I know this was from June and now you're super busy in September...but do you think you could go up to 25? I use numbers to "label" their book boxes and I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. No big deal if you can't or are too busy.

    My email addy in case you need it:

    hwazy@comcast.net

    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete