Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book Shopping to Motivate My Boys

Yesterday, I posted a book review for Pam Allyn's new book. Her book is called Best Books for Boys.  Today, I went shopping at my favorite local bookstore (Nicola's Bookstore).  I was looking for comic books, joke books and poetry for my first graders (and specifically my boys).  I found some great books that I think my boys are gonna love! 
Poetry
Joke Books
 A Ripley's Believe It or Not book
 A National Geographic Kids book

Here are the titles and authors in case you want to check any of them out.   The last two are not exactly "leveled reading" material, but I know my boys (and girls) will be drawn to them.

Silly Street by Jef Foxworthy
Dizzy Dinosaurs by Lee Bennett Hopkins
My Parents Think I'm Sleeping by Jack Prelutsky
Dirty Laundry Pile by Paul Janeczko
Knock Knock Jokes by Victoria Fremont
Kids' Funniest Jokes by Sheila Anne Barry
Ripley's Believe It or Not Curioddities
National Geographic Kids Human Footprint by Ellen Kirk


Next, I'm off to scrounge up some baseball cards for my reading corner. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment