Friday, August 3, 2012

Craft Room Clean Up

Good Golly Miss Molly...my craft room/office has been a disaster ever since we moved. I typically spend a lot of time making things in the summer. It's therapeutic and gives me an excuse to buy more craft supplies. My craft room/office has been such a mess that I could barely stand to walk by in the hallway.  I spent the last two days working on the clean up project. It's not all the way done, but I'm excited about the progess I've made.

Here is a before picture. Oh my.

Here are a few after pictures.
I'm in love with my new yarn tower!  I just bought it at a resale shop yesterday.  I'm pretty sure you are supposed to put bananas in it or something, but it looks so much better full of colorful yarn!


I still need to finish cleaning up my desk (which you'll notice is not pictured). :)  I also need to find the perfect fabric for curtains and get busy sewing those. 
I'm also in love with Doodle Twine.  You can buy it on their website (or on Amazon like me).  I must say that I was a little surprised about how small the spools were when they arrived...but even the little spools are adorable.  I have a few projects that require doodle twine on my list.

Now that the clean up project is almost finished in my craft room, I should probably start the one in my classroom.   I've been rereading the math workstation book/posts from last summer in the past few days.  I'm hoping to have a few math freebies ready to post next week.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog after seeing it on TBA! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your little jars for organizing! SO cute! Little jars just make any space look so cute! I am your newest follower!

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Kimberly! Maybe your energy will motivate me to do more! Don't stop... You can do this young lady....get back to work!
    Patty
    2ndinline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that yarn tower! I want one! Your craft room looks great.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous.
    I can't wait to see what you do with that twine. I've been seeing it everywhere, but haven't a clue what people do with it!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

    ReplyDelete