Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Bucket List Linky Party

I have to be honest... 
I'm dreaming of summer and feeling the end of the year panic at the same time. It does seem that after 15 years, I'd get the hang of this end of the year thing. Turns out not so much. I'm still neck deep in assessments and my to do list is making me feel a little sick to my stomach.

 In the spirit of avoiding my to do list, 
I decided to link up with three fabulous bloggers for the Summer Bucket List linky party.


 Sleep
You know...past 5 a.m. and without a to-do list racing in my head.
 Oh how I love to sleep.



Dig Out!

I have these cute little bins behind my desk that say copy, file, revise for next year.  The one that says file is barely visible at this point. Before my kids had "way too many" evening activities, I used to file everything in the file bin back in the right place in my file cabinet once a week. 
 I have not touched it since September (except to add to it). 

I need to dig out at home too (my office/craft room, the kitchen counter, my closet). 
They are all full of piles of things to take care of "when school is out".

Now for the fun stuff...

Read
I have at least 5 books just waiting in a basket by my bed.  
Real books.  
The kind that you don't have to read aloud.  
The kind that don't have to be a mentor text for anything.  
The kind that I never get to read during the school year.

Travel
We will spend 15 days camping again this summer in our favorite place (Petoskey, Michigan). While we are camping our days are filled 
with biking, swimming in the lake, campfires and long walks.  
And...my husband makes my phone a wi-fi hotspot 
so I can still blog and work on fun stuff while I'm in the woods. 
I can't wait!

We're also going on an 8 day cruise this summer.  
We booked the cruise right before everyone started getting stranded in the ocean 
knee deep in poop with barely enough food. 
 We've cruised several times before (and never had a problem), 
so I'm sure it will be fine.  
I'll be taking my cute rain boots just in case. 

Create
I have a list of things I want to make this summer.
  Some are for my classroom, 
some are on the list to add to my online stores
 and some are just for fun.  
Having time to make some of the things on my list sounds heavenly.  

 Exercise
I don't really want this on my bucket list, but it needs to be.
I like to take walks, ride my bike, play sports with the kids.
But this whole thing about being forced to exercise (so you can fit in your clothes) is a bit much.
But...I'm turning 40 this year and it is necessary. 
 So it's on the dumb list. :)

Relax
That is my OLW for 2013. 
I'm gonna practice it this summer.
10 more school days and I can start practicing...

I can't wait!

You an join the Summer Bucket List linky fun by clicking on the image at the top of this post!

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely summer bucket list! Isn't it funny that we always say "I'll leave it until summer" or until the weekend in my case - then I just end up with too much to do! Enjoy your time in Michigan and on you cruise, so great times to relax!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your list!
    It seems we have so many things in common, especially the piles to be filed and lack of sleep for 9 months! Here's to rest, relaxation, and a fabulous summer!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great summer! We're almost there!
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fun! We just went on a cruise not too long ago and had a blast..enjoy all the fun :)
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun stuff on your bucket list! I love to cruise too. So much fun and sun!! Enjoy!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you like to be a guest blogger on our blog this summer? We love your blog and are hoping you would be interested!! Let us know! 2crazytexasteachers@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Sounds like a packed summer! Envious of your cruise! You'll have to tell us all about it :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful summer! Extra sleep sounds really good!

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list!! So jealous of your vacations!! :) Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun summer you have planned!! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  11. 15 days of camping in Petoskey sounds amazing! Northern Michigan is gorgeous in the summer!!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's funny that we teachers actually have to write "sleep" on the list, or you know we won't do it!! LOL! Love your list! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who needs to dig out! Take plenty of time to relax, though :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny but amazing. I like it. You shared in a wonderful manner. Keep sharing good work.
    Luton airport cheap parking
    Birmingham airport cheap parking

    ReplyDelete