Friday, April 6, 2012

Hip, hip, hooray! It's Opening Day!

Opening day is a big deal where I live! It's a time for fans to celebrate the beginning of the season for our favorite major league team and the beginning of little league practices and games. Baseball fever is what it boils down to and I found the perfect book to celebrate the excitement with my students and my own little ones.


I added a post to TBA about this book and others that you might like this morning.



TBA


I'm happy to report that my favorite team won their opener yesterday! Go Tigers!

5 comments:

  1. It WAS a nailbiter of a game!!! Headed to check out theTBA post now! GO GET 'EM TIGERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is HUGE to find high interest books for boys. I pulled out a leveled reader set of books called SNAKES and every boy in the room (as well as some girls) were so excited to read it. One of my boys was determined to read it even though it was a higher level than his and he did! I am pretty sure he wouldn't have had that determination on a story about a cartoon mouse looking for cheese. Thanks for sharing. Krissy
    Mrs. Miner's Monkey Businessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eenie-meenie-mynie-moe.... TAG you're it! No tag backs!

    I've tagged you! Come on over to my blog to see how to play.
    Kim
    http://gradeonedoodlebugs-kim.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Tigers and I am from the Mud Hen's world. I am your newest follower. Hope your pop by and follow me!! Michele

    ReplyDelete