Saturday, May 24, 2014

Summer is in Sight!

It's the time of the year when things are wrappin' up...

We went on our zoo field trip last week.  On Thursday, my students hosted a Grandparent Tea Party!  I'll be posting about that soon.  It was adorable!  Next, we're gearin' up for field day and our ice cream social.  In between all that, I need to keep these kiddos on task!

My students are working on writing activities from my Get Ready for Summer Writing and Drawing Activities.  Everyone loves to make plans for summer vacation, right?



My friend, Emily, is a retired teacher.  She volunteers in my classroom on a regular basis and I am incredibly grateful that she has gifted so much time to me and my students over the years.  You can read a previous post about her here.  I am truly lucky!

Emily visited yesterday and she helped me prepare my summer packets for the children.  I always send summer work home.  Luckily, most of my students usually do it (and stop by to show me when they head of to 2nd grade). This year, I'll be their 2nd grade teacher since I'm looping with my class.  So, I'm planning a surprise to celebrate the completion of their summer work.

If you need a summer packet to send home with your students or to use for tutoring this summer, you can check out my pack by clicking on the image below.


Our Sharing My Writing Books are also bound and ready to be on display for our Ice Cream Social!  The Sharing My Writing Book pages are completed at home (but they can be used in the classroom).  My students are motivated to write about different topics each month and then they share their work with the class. For my students, this is a good opportunity to practice writing at home.  It's also an eye opener for many parents about encouraging their child to write using good sentences, punctuation, interesting words and details in their illustrations.



This weekend, I need to focus on my end of year gifts for students and volunteers.  I'll do that in between baseball, bike rides, the Memorial Day parade and report cards.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of the 'sharing my writing through the year' book. We do make 'special' books with a few examples of the work children do through the year which get passed up and added to each year until they leave, but having something at the end of each year that shows the progress they have made in writing and is also a collection of the years memories is great. Thanks for sharing!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete