Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big Chicken

All the recent posts about how much everyone loves Pinterest made me curious enough to check it out. I was super excited when I received my "invitation" to join. So, I registered...and then the big chicken in me started freakin out (but just a little bit this time). Do I really have permission to just "pin" something on my board? Or is that technically using a photo that belongs to someone else without their permission? I love the idea of Pinterest... maybe I'm the only big chicken or maybe I'm not understanding how it works. Any words of encouragement or clarification would be super helpful? Anyone?
javascript:void(0)

6 comments:

  1. I just started using Pinterest & it is fantastic. Basically, if you stumble across an idea that you want to remember or something that inspires you, you can pin it to your "board" on Pinterest so you have easy access to it. No more days of forgetting where you saw an idea and have to go searching for it all over the internet! You can pin anything you come across. Try it out- it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just like a list of favorite with pictures! That's all! R.E.L.A.X. and pin away! You should check mine out!!!

    Amber Voss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever you pin something, like from someone's blog, it links back to them - so really you are creating traffic for that other person's idea! I think as long as you don't say, "This is my personal thing I did" then you will be okay. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Pinterest! Just relax and enjoy it as much as I do!
    Lacey Wolf
    http://mrswolfsjungle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will second what the others have said. NO WORRIES! Like mentioned before every time you pin something to a board it links back to the page where you go it from. It is such a wonderful place to keep all of your ideas and get new ones! I not only pin things I find from blogs there but I do a lot of repinning of others things. It's also how I plan what I'm going to cook for dinner each night of the week! :)

    Follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it!! Pinterest is so fun and I have already completed one crafty project that I pinned on my board (and I have 2 more planned). I think it's awesome that we all just pin and repin ideas, it's just a fun easy way to share ideas!

    Katie
    http://teachthentell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete