Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Principal for the Day

For 3 days, 3 teachers took turns substituting for our principal 
while he was at a conference last week.
This is a true story, although I can really only share parts.
Thursday was my day.

I love teaching.
However, being the principal is a totally different experience
than my "normal" day.
Especially, when you are filling in the for the Principal of the Year!
Seriously, he is really the Principal of the Year
(the kind you get nominated for, voted in and awarded lots of awards for).
He's also superman (I mean - Zero the Hero).
He'll do just about anything for the kids.


So, last Thursday was my day to give it a try.
One of the kindergarten teachers tried it on Wednesday and she did a fine job.
Then came Thursday...

I started off the day by reading his substitute plans 7 times (good luck).
Then I bought flowers for the secretaries.
Let's face it, the whole place could start to crumble
and these two ladies could have it all back in order before anyone noticed
(and they would still be wearing those beautiful smiles).
We'll call them Wonder Women (WW).


Before school started, I considered whipping up some curtains to bring some color to his fancy office.


Suddenly, that seemed like a bad idea, since I had to gather all the gear for morning bus duty.


The WW didn't really think I needed the mega phone,
but since I'm so short and don't know every single kids name
(like Mr. Principal of the Year does - for real),
I decided to take the megaphone in case I needed to yell out something official.
The WW insisted that the pink vest was not an option,
 although I felt like a pig in a pink blanket in that dress/vest.

I can't tell you how I really spent my morning,
since the office work involves top secret confidential student kind of stuff (TSCSKS).
But, let me just tell you...I did not feel like a secret agent.

I did feel well prepared for lunch room duty though.
whistle to get their attention (check)
rubber gloves so I could avoid slimey trash (check)
windex because I take it everywhere (check)
giant trashcan to help me look official (check)
and
headphones to block out the thunder - which I think might be little people voices (check)


Pity...
Would you believe that I didn't actually have time to help in the lunchroom much on my big day?
Turns out I was busy with TSCSKS.
But, boy was I prepared - just in case.

And after spending my day doing TSCSKS I spent several minutes jumping before I went home.
Not jumping for joy that I was heading back to my normal life on Friday.
Jumping up and down to try to hang up the pink vest
after bus duty at dismissal.
Zero the Hero is much taller than I am
and so are the hooks in his office.


I'm happy to report that Mr. Principal of the Year is back in action this week.
Three cheers for principals everywhere
and an extra big one for Mr. Principal of the Year
and our Wonder Women!
Thanks for leading us!


5 comments:

  1. haha. I'm sure you did a great job. You couldn't pay be enough to be a principal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I think I love your principal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy day! I'm sure you'll be glad to put your feet up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With so many customers at their previous stop, they arrive late at Chiat Day in Venice. "They know we're coming," Smith says. "And they wait." They do. This requires good breath support. But many people take inadequate breaths. A truly good breath of air causes the abdomen to expand when a deep breath is taken.

    But when we looked at the patent, it seemed to claim a lot more than that. The name of the actual invention is "an online back up system." The patent says this invention makes it possible to connect to an online service provider to do a bunch of stuff software purchases, online rentals, data back ups, information storage. The patent makes it seem like Chris Crawford invented a lot of the most common things we do on the Internet.. (tags: Coach Outlet Store Online , Michael Kors Bags Sale, Coach Outlet Store, MK Outlet)

    "I've not been happy with that part of our play," Gillen says. "He'll be the defensive coordinator of our half court defense. If we don't do a good job defensively I'll take the blame, not Rod Jensen. It doesn't look like Mrs Fuller will get much of a break from the game when the other half hangs up his boots anyway. He's already in charge of Ashford United's under 23s and runs his own football academy. He's taken his UEFA B coaching course and hopes to go into it full time one day. (tags: Cheap Real Yeezys, Discount Jordan Shoes Wholesale, Cheap Yeezys)

    Be honest, I think I be mad if they didn boo me, he said with a laugh. Will be a good experience. I looking forward to that. She likes to swim in the summer, and if she could pick any vacation, she would go to the Galapagos Islands. For a pet, she would pick a dog because they can be your best friend. Her favorite book and movie include all of the Harry Potter series.Izzy Espinoza, daughter of Mr (tags: Jordan Shoes For Sale Cheap, 2020 Jordan Release Dates, Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet).

    ReplyDelete