Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Currently April

No joke - it's time for Currently!




I received a call toward the end of the day today saying my son got sick at school.  Poor thing!  I would much rather be sick myself. This time we are both sick with different things.

Our spring break begins on Friday.  We really, really need a week to slow down and disconnect  a bit for some family time.  I opened the windows the get rid of the germs today.  That's what we do when it hits 45 degrees in Michigan. Ha!

I need to pray more.  I'm not sure if it's because I went to a Catholic school or because I sometimes struggle to focus my attention, but I need total silence to pray.  A nun told me when I was little that you need to "be quiet, so the big guy can hear your prayers".  Total silence doesn't happen often enough, so I need to work on that.

Fingers crossed that my son feels better soon and that my daughter stays healthy.  In the meantime, I'm bringin' out my Windex!  (Hello - Windex Marketing Department, I am your biggest supporter!  It's time to contact me.)

I lost my voice last night.  It was nothing more than a whisper all day today.  I am pretty sure the folks I work with enjoyed the peaceful day.  However, this chatty gal is hoping to be able to talk again very soon.

Ha!  I decided on a name before I was sure I was going to start a blog. That was years ago...and now I work as an instructional coach.  I miss 1st grade and especially my students, but love the collaboration in my new position.  Changing the name of my blog seemed like too much work... so I didn't.

Head over to visit Farley to find out what the rest of the world is Currently doing!


9 comments:

  1. When you wrote about bringing out the Windex, I thought of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Hope it cures everything!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - It does cure EVERYTHING! :) That movie makes me laugh!
      Kimberly

      Delete
  2. That is so funny! I was just watching that movie on HBO last week. I hope your little one feels better soon. Nothing is worse for us moms than to have a sick kiddo an to have that helpless feeling. You want to make things better but all you can do is make them feel as comfortable as possible and let it run it's course. Hopefully he will recover with enough time to enjoy spring break with you and the rest of the family. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria! My fingers are crossed.
      Kimberly

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! Love your blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I hope you all feel better so your time off next week will be more fun! Wonder if your voice could be allergy reacted! This time of year makes me sneezy and stuffy! I love your blog name! I would have kept it too!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya on changing your blog name. My heart will always be in kindergarten and I had taught it for 5 years when I started blogging, but now that I stay at home with my daughter, and will someday start teaching who knows where, I kind of wish it wasn't grade level specific!

    Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Spring Break!!! I hope you and your family are all healthy and able to enjoy this much deserved time off! Happy, Happy, HAPPY Spring!!! :)
    - Kelly :)
    Mrs. Campbell's Kids

    ReplyDelete