Monday, March 14, 2011

Book Leveling

Ok - I confess.  I love to level books!  I spend lots of time and way too much money searching for, buying and leveling books for the leveled library in my classroom.  I send books (my own books) home with each student to practice at night.  My students take the books home in special book bags, get a parent signature and return them the next day (hopefully).

One of the tools I use to help find the levels of books is the Scholastic Teacher Book Wizard.  If you don't already use it, check it out!

I made this instruction sheet for the Book Wizard site for my staff and our parents to use. We use the Fountas/Pinnell leveling system, so we use the guided reading level from the site.  I adjusted the form so you can just check off the leveling system that you use.  Hope it's helpful!

Book Wizard Instructions

1 comment:

  1. Um.....PLEASE LEVEL MY 80+ BOOKS I HAVE ON MY SHELF RIGHT NOW!! Those books are all looking at me and saying "please level me so that I can go into your leveled library and actually get read!"

    But, they are the books that are not on Scholastic's Book Wizard! :(

    Maybe I'll do it on my next track break. Or not. hahahah

    ReplyDelete