Saturday, August 1, 2015

Currently - AUGUST!

Seriously, how did this happen?

It's August and I'm trying to cope, while I link up with Farley for Currently.



Oh, summer - I love you.  Hearing my kid laugh, staying up late to watch someone build Tiny Houses, having an empty schedule...oh, I love summer!

I'm leaving tomorrow for Teacher's College in New York to attend the Summer Writing Institute.  I'm excited to learn as much as I can to share with the teachers in our district.  I'm also freaked out that my suitcase might burst open on the scale at the airport.  

I took 2 grad classes this summer.  I'm working on a educational leadership certification. Both of the classes were jam packed with interesting learning and encouraged me to reflect on some improvements I could make personally as a leader and that the district could make in general. However, cramming what is usually a semester long 600 level class into 6 weeks is no joke. My brain is not feeling refreshed.  It's feeling kind of full.  Let me just tell you the major victory related to this summer of intense learning is that I did not drink Diet Mt. Dew once. In fact, I have not had a drop since January 1.  Go me!

I don't really want to learn to mediate, but I keep reading about how good it is for busy people to meditate.  If someone could just hit the off switch on my hamster wheel brain, then I could get started.  Focus on my breathing...I read that in a brain research journal this morning.  I haven't tried it yet.

This will be the first time in 17 years that I have not "set up a classroom" in August.  I thought I would feel kind of "free" from the mountain of laminating and open house packets.  But, my random act of back to school kindness this year is going to be to offer my "Slide on the Side Laminating" services to a few of my teacher friends.  Truth be told...I love cutting out laminating.  I also love to write on name tags.  My SOTSL business will be opening at the end of August and I can't wait to surprise a few of my best teacher pals!

Check out what everyone else is CURRENTLY doing on Farley's blog!




14 comments:

  1. I'll send you my laminating! hehe I can't stand cutting it out! Have fun at Teacher's College. I hear it is amazing.

    Christina
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    ApplesBooksandCrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pack too much and am afraid it will burst, but I never can get rid of anything because I might need it all! I hope you have fun in Teacher's College!

    Ellen
    Joyfully Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing great blog. If you want to start most profitable franchise in india thnks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for post. Join All American Limousine that is all in all in their services of Limousine service in Chicago, IL. Just call them for best service!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for things to do in Monterey, California? From visiting the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium to taking a drive down the iconic 17-Mile Drive, here are the top 10 things to do in this beautiful California coastal city!
    10 Things To Do in Monterey California

    ReplyDelete

  6. Looking for things to do in Vancouver? Check out our blog for the top 10 things to do in Vancouver! From exploring Stanley Park to visiting the Vancouver Aquarium, there's something for everyone!

    Things to do in Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading the article above , really explains everything in detail, the article is very interesting and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog's coverage of transportation alternatives in Chicago is both informative and eye-opening. Limousine service in Chicago IL as you've highlighted, is a fantastic way to travel comfortably and stylishly. All American Chicago Limo Service aligns perfectly with this concept, making every ride an elegant and memorable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article is a gem! Thanks for sharing such informative content, For those looking for a Limousine service in Chicago IL, Templar VIP Transportation LLC is the perfect choice. Our stylish and luxurious limousines are perfect for weddings, proms, and other special occasions. Our experienced chauffeurs will ensure that you arrive at your destination in style and comfort.

    ReplyDelete